DxAdmin fails TLS connection
- DxEnterprise 17.0 and later
Nonstandard TLS settings may be in use on the Client’s desktop which prevents DxAdmin from connecting to the server. Configuring DxAdmin to not use TLS would allow the client UI to connect. Below is the error you would see in DxAdmin.
Below is the error you would see in journalctl on a Linux server.
DxLMonitor: Caught exception: error:1408A0C1:SSL routines:ssl3_get_client_hello:no shared cipher s3_srvr.c:1435
Below are instructions for configuring DxAdmin to not use TLS.
- Close DxAdmin if it is currently running.
- Edit c:\Program Files\DH2i\bin\DxAdmin.exe.config file.
- Change the “tlsenabled” key to “false” and save.
- Start DxAdmin and connect to the server.