Upgrading DxEnterprise using the DxAdmin UI
Upgrading DxEnterprise on Windows using the DxAdmin User Interface.
DxEnterprise software is fully backward compatible and can be updated during normal production without impacting SQL instances or workloads.
Note: If you are running availability groups using tunnels, the tunnel communication between availability group replicas will be impacted until the upgrade completes and the availability group resyncs. It is also advisable to have access to the node outside of any DH2i tunnels via RDP since access to tunnels will be impacted during the upgrade.
To update DxEnterprise software, please follow the procedure below:
- Download the latest DxEnterprise software (Client Downloads).
- Launch DxAdmin and connect it to the cluster.
- Freeze all nodes to disable InstanceMobility. Right-click on each cluster node and select “freeze node” from the DxAdmin UI.
- Close the DxAdmin application.
- Uninstall current DxEnterprise software.
- Install the latest DxEnterprise software.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each node.
- Re-launch DxAdmin and connect it to the cluster.
- Unfreeze each node to re-enable InstanceMobility. Right-click on each cluster node and select “unfreeze node” from the DxAdmin UI.