Using Device Mapper Multipath with DxEnterprise on Linux
- DxEnterprise v18.104.22.168 or later for Linux
Steps to install DM-Multipath on Linux.
This article describes how to install Device Mapper Multipath on Linux to allow DxEnterprise to manage disks being presented down multiple paths. Having multiple paths defined for a disk adds redundancy and path failover in the case of a path, switch or adaptor failure. The below steps assume that the storage devices and paths have already been successfully presented to the systems.
- Install the multipath package:
sudo apt-get install multipath-tools
sudo yum install device-mapper-multipath
- Create the /etc/multipath.conf file:
sudo /sbin/mpathconf --enable
- Start the multipathd service:
sudo systemctl start multipathd
- Run the multipath command to build the device list:
- If DxEnterprise is not yet installed, then install DxEnterprise at this time. For more information, see the DH2i installation guides.