How to Add a New SQL Server Component After Virtualization
How to add a new component to SQL Server after it has already been virtualized under DxEnterprise.
To add a SQL Server component to an instance, please follow the below steps:
- Make note of the settings of the virtualized instance (port, data and log root paths)
- Right-click the instance in the left-hand pane of DxAdmin, and select “Remove instance”. This stops and devirtualizes it.
- Using the Microsoft SQL Setup utility, install the SQL Server component on each node for that instance (for example: Full Text Search).
- Once complete, you can re-virtualize the instance again by right-clicking the Vhost and selecting “Add an instance”
- Using the information from step 1 above, repopulate the port and data/log paths.
- Uncheck the “New Virtualization” checkbox and click OK.