Automatic Seeding for Availability Groups
- DxEnterprise 19.0 and newer
Adding a database to an availability group may experience problems seeding to the secondary replica.
Use the following steps to try and re-initiate seeding for the database.
- Check that the SQL Server instance is running on each node.
- Wait a few minutes for the replica to seed the database. If after a few minutes the database has still not seeded, then restart the SQL Server instance on the secondary replica.
- In DxAdmin, right-click on the secondary replica under the availability group Vhost and select “Resync secondary”.
- Run the following query on the primary replica:
ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP <ag_name> MODIFY REPLICA ON '<secondary_replica>' WITH ( SEEDING_MODE = AUTOMATIC );
If database seeding is still experiencing problems, then please see the Additional Information below.
Microsoft documentation on automatic seeding: