How to Add a Source Filter
- DxOdyssey 19.0 and newer
DxOdyssey allows for the creation of source filters to selectively accept or deny incoming connections from other IP addresses within the network. The steps below outline how to add a source filter.
To create a source filter and apply it to a tunnel:
- Select “Source Filter Manager” from the list at the top left corner of the window, then “Add Source Filter” at the bottom left.
- Choose a name for the source filter.
- Near the bottom of the window, select the default action for the source filter (accept or deny all incoming connections).
- At the bottom of window, select “New Row”.
- Enter the address for which an exception needs to be created.
- Select whether to deny or accept the incoming connection.
- If more exceptions need to be made, add a new row. Otherwise, select “Submit” to save the source filter and close the window.
- Select “Tunnel Manager” from the list at the top left of the screen, then select the desired tunnel to add the source filter to.
- Select “Edit” at the bottom of the screen, find the correct origin, then select the SourceFilter column and use the drop-down list to add the filter.
- Select “Save” at the bottom of the window to apply the changes to the tunnel.