How to Configure Oracle HA With DxEnterprise on Windows
- DxEnterprise for Windows
The following procedure describes the steps taken to successfully configure Oracle HA with DxEnterprise on Windows.
- Install DxEnterprise on your servers (e.g. server1 and server2).
- Activate and join the servers into a cluster.
- Add a Vhost and make server1 active.
- Manage and add a disk to the Vhost.
- Install Oracle software on server1 to a local disk. No need to add or configure a database instance.
- Launch Oracle Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA) to configure a database instance. Ensure the control file(s) and database files are on a shared disk.
- Locate the newly created SPFILE.ora and execute the following command with SQLPlus to generate an initialization file (PFILE.ora).
create pfile = ‘pfile.ora’ from spfile = ‘spfile.ora’
- Failover the Vhost over to server2.
- Install Oracle software on server2 to a local disk. Make sure that it is installed to the same path, is the same Oracle version and the same SID as Server1. No need to add or configure a database instance.
- Copy the following files from the active node to the standby node:
- init.ora. (initialization parameter file)
- listener.ora (listener file)
- tnsnames.ora (service configuration file)
- pwd*.ora (password information file)
- spfile*.ora (server parameter file)
- Add Oracle services to the Vhost (OracleService and the Listener service).
- Failover and verify instance data.