Support Policy for Windows Services on DxEnterprise
- DxEnterprise for Windows
DH2i support policy for Microsoft Windows services on DxEnterprise.
DxEnterprise supports service health monitoring and start/stop orchestration for any Windows services. The following are the supported features for Windows services:
- Ensure the service is set to manual-start
- Ensure the service is stopped on all nodes, except the active node
- Ensure the service is running on the active node
- If the HealthMonitor notices the service is not in the active (or running) state on the active node for the Vhost, a failover will be initiated automatically to allow the service to become active on another node in the cluster
Additional (optional) features are:
- Allows the service to be run under the physical node name or the Vhost name
- Allows monitoring and replication of a single registry hive to persist registry changes associated with the service to all nodes under the Vhost
- Allows advanced scripting (Pre-start, Post-start, Pre-stop and Post-stop) to facilitate additional functionality
- Allows performance monitoring for the service
DxEnterprise manages and orchestrates any Windows services unconditionally therein it follows the guidelines above. DxEnterprise is completely agnostic to the Windows services’ configuration and/or user data.
Note: For additional information please see the DxEnterprise Administration Guide.