Migrating to New Volumes and Keeping the Same Mount Points
The process to migrate your existing data to a new volume while retaining your existing data paths and mount points.
Here is the recommended procedure:
- Present the new disks to the cluster, manage, create volumes and format them (as explained in the DxEnterprise Administration Guide).
- Mount the new volumes to a temporary location through DxEnterprise Storage Manager (right-click the volume, select “Set Logical Drive”).
- Add the disks to the appropriate Diskgroups for each VHost.
- Right-click on the VHost and select “Stop virtual host”.
- Copy the data from the old volumes to the new volumes (from the previously active node for the VHost).
- Select Storage Management.
- Remove the mount point on the old volume (right-click the volume, select “Set Logical Drive”, select the mount assignment, click “Remove”, click “Submit”).
- Add the mount point on the new volume (right-click the volume, select “Set Logical Drive”, click “Add”, specify the mount point, click “Ok”, click “Submit”).
- You can also remove the temporary mount assignment from step 2 at this point.
- Repeat step 7 and 8 for each volume associated with the Diskgroup for the VHost.
- Right-click on a node under the VHost and select “Start hosting on node” to bring the VHost back up on that server.
- Verify that all of your applications/fileshares are functional and able to access the new volumes on that VHost.
- Repeat steps 4 through 11 on each additional VHost.