Optimize Any Mix of Physical, Virtual or Cloud
Get top performance, availability, cost and agility on any mix of bare-metal, virtual or cloud (public or private). By decoupling the application from the underlying infrastructure, we simplify troubleshooting and problem isolation, and even support hybrid production and DR environments. All with an easy install.
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer
- Ubuntu 16+, CentOS 7+ or RHEL 7+
- Any mix of industry-standard x64 servers
- Any mix of hypervisors, including VMware, Hyper-V or Xen
- Any IP networking fabric
- Fibre Channel, iSCSI or InfiniBand SAN storage
DxEnterprise supports any infrastructure mix. You can maintain different disaster recovery (DR) and production environments to better allocate old and new hardware, or to use different hypervisors in each.
Many deployments can save significantly in licensing costs due to the flexibility to use any application edition and OS version that meets business requirements. For example, most of our customers find that with DxEnterprise, they can use SQL Server Standard edition for 80% of their datacenter needs—without needing Software Assurance (SA) for mobility. All with full SQL Server license compliance and without ecosystem lock-in.
You get vastly simplified high availability and disaster recovery, with DR playbook automation and alerting. And you can easily burst large workloads to physical as needed.
- Self healing framework for both health and performance
- Get full HA/DR even with SQL Server Standard or Express edition
- Easily move instances to where they’re best suited—without SA and with full license compliance
- Preserve true OS isolation to meet compliance, regulatory or other business needs
- Use a mix of hypervisors and physical hardware—e.g., different production and DR environments
- Easily burst to physical for heavy-demand workloads
- Protection for application, OS and infrastructure faults, even most pilot errors