Optimize Any Mix of Physical, Virtual or Cloud
Get top performance, availability, cost and agility on any mix of physical, virtual or cloud (public or private). By decoupling the application from the underlying infrastructure, we simplify troubleshooting and problem isolation, and even support hybrid production and DR environments. All with an easy, 6-click install.
- SQL Server 2005 or newer, any edition
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer, any edition
- Any mix of industry-standard x64 servers
- Any mix of hypervisors, including VMware, Hyper-V or Xen
- Any IP networking fabric
- Fibre Channel, iSCSI or InfiniBand SAN storage
DxEnterprise supports any infrastructure mix. You can maintain different disaster recovery (DR) and production environments to better allocate old and new hardware, or to use different hypervisors in each.
You’ll save significantly in licensing costs by using whichever SQL Server edition and OS version meets your business requirements. Most of our customers find that with DxEnterprise, they can use SQL Server Standard edition for 80% of their datacenter needs—without needing Software Assurance (SA) for mobility. All with full SQL Server license compliance and without ecosystem lock-in.
You get vastly simplified high availability and disaster recovery, with DR playbook automation and alerting. And you can easily burst large workloads to physical as needed.
- Self healing framework for both health and performance
- Stack instances to eliminate wasted utilization and licensing from 1:1 instance-to-VM deployment
- Get full HA/DR even with SQL Server Standard or Express edition
- Easily move instances to where they’re best suited—without SA and with full license compliance
- Preserve true OS isolation to meet compliance, regulatory or other business needs
- Use a mix of hypervisors and physical hardware—e.g., different production and DR environments
- Easily burst to physical for heavy-demand workloads
- Protection for application, OS and infrastructure faults, even most pilot errors